So by now we’ve established that I am not a blogger. But that’s ok, it’s not the end of the world. I’d been beating myself up about it and as months flew by, it just got harder and harder. So going forward, no promises about how frequently I’ll post. I’ll do it when I feel like writing. So before I write about what’s going on now, a quick catch up.
Since August, I’ve:
1. Sewn a Cardi. I decided to make the shorter version because for my frame, its more flattering. Less fabric and more usable. The reason I’ve not written a review is because I want to make it again in a better fabric. But following others’ advice on PatternReview sewing this was a breeze and I love it.
3. Knit up a storm for my new nephew before he arrived and finally became an auntie on October 26th, 2009.
4. Inspired by one of the winning entries, in the Top Ten contest at Novi, made my own version in October.
Simplicity 3835 – Built By Wendy Dress
5. I am currently working on my second coat. So far, I’ve cut out the pattern pieces and marked them carefully. I was supposed to sew the lining tonight but I decided to catch up with my blogging instead. I’ve decided that sewing is therapeutic for me so I am taking things slow. These days I only sew an hour at most in one session and I am loving it!
Isn’t it cute?
6. Oh, and I have got to tell you this. The PatternReview book manuscript is done! finished. This is actually going to happen you guys! I am so excited…
Personally I’ve gone through some trying last few weeks but the good news is that I am out of it. The thing with sorrow: when you’re going through it, the whole world comes crashing down on you, but as long as you figure out what gets you out of it, it only makes you stronger. And that’s how I feel today so I thought I’d share it with you. I receive emails from so many of you expressing how sewing helps you in sadness and I feel the same way too now. It really does help to “create”. So here’s to sewing and creating. May we all continue to create and share!