2018 Summer Vacation Week 1
This summer we have decided to take it slow and embrace everything summer has to offer. Earlier this month I started a list of some of the things I’d like to do as a family when Dia is out of school.
1. Visit Museums in Cambridge/Boston
2. Splash Pool in Boston and other neighborhoods.
3. Check out libraries in neighboring towns.
4. Go to the beach
5. Bike rides
6. Sewing lessons with Mom
7. Play with the neighborhood kids
8. Figure out if she is old enough to volunteer anywhere under my supervision.
9. Ecotarium in Worcester
10. Canobie Lake Park
11. Explore different neighborhoods in Boston and try different foods.
12. Set up a lemonade stand
13. Bake sale to benefit a charity of her choice
14. Bring her to work once a week!
15. Playdates galore!
16. Kids bookclub
17. Science experiments
19. Write summer journal
20. Pick a place on the map and learn about it.
Well, week #1 of Summer Vacation is over and we’re already having so much fun. Here’s week 1 in pictures.
We kicked off summer vacation with having ice cream sundae for dinner at Auntiji’s in Marlborough 🙂
Dia started her first summer internship at the PatternReview office where she writes thank you notes for all the outgoing orders. And yes its a paid internship!
We took advantage of the Free Friday and visited this gem of a museum in Concord MA.
Followed it up with ice cream float at Bedford Farms 🙂
Went for a walk and spotted these beautiful lilies in a nearby pond
Had a couple playdates and also invited some friends over for a fun afternoon painting kindness rocks.
We ended our first week baking some patriotic treats and relaxing at home with a simple cookout (no photos) with family. Happy July 4th!
Summer Vacation is off to a good start!